Snapchat is finally releasing certainly one of its most requested updates the ability to improve your username within the application, with no effect on your friends’ list, Snap code, Snap score, Recollections, etc.
As you can tell within this sequence, by Feb 23rd, all Snapchatters, on android and ios, can update their username, which is welcome news for a lot of.
Because while calling yourself “LadiesMan23” might have been funny whenever you were 15, it’s most likely less now. Even though you’ve always had the ability to improve your display name, your bank account username continues to be absolutely right from the start, which, in some instances, is really an ideal set-up.
So that you can finally ditch that old “Fartfacekilla” and “SexyMan69” tags and be a far more mature, responsible Snapchat user.
The only real proviso is the fact that users won’t have the ability to change to usernames that happen to be used. You’ll also only have the ability to improve your username once each year though I believe that’s most likely a lesser consideration, as those who want this selection are individuals who’ve awkward, dated names that they’re keen to reduce.
So perhaps you’ll all of a sudden visit a return of the old buddies to Snap, now that they’ll publish without individuals embarrassing tags, and you will all of a sudden acquire some new contacts and connection demands from lengthy lost jokesters.
It might really be considered a key update as Snapchatters develop.
To improve your Snapchat Username (from Feb 23rd)
- Tap the Bitmoji icon in the top left corner of the Camera to head to the profile screen
- Select ‘Settings’ by tapping on the gear icon in the top right corner of the profile
- Tap ‘Username’, just below ‘Name’, and select ‘Change Username’ marked in blue
- You then click ‘Continue’ on the pop up reminding that Usernames can only be changed once per year
- Type in a new Username, and hit ‘Next’